5 June 2014

Equity Hapo-Hapo account opening

1. How do I open the account through my phone?
Dial *247# and enter your national ID number
Enter your first name

Enter your last name
Confirm details provided before submitting
Read and accept terms and conditions
You will receive one text message with your account number and another one with your PIN.
You will then be notified on how to access your account.
                                 
2. What are the account opening requirements?
You must have a national ID and a registered mobile phone number to open an account. 
3. How do I access my account?
To access your account, dial *247# and input your PIN
4. How do I activate my account?
You will be required to deposit money into your account with a minimum opening balance of Kshs. 100. Please note that if you don’t deposit money into your account within 30 days, it will become dormant and eventually be closed.
5. How do i deposit cash into my account?
You can deposit cash at an Equity Bank Agent or Equity branch near you
Transfer money from Mpesa, Airtel money or yuCash
Receive money from third parties, salary remittance, EFT, RTGS etc
6. What mobile banking services do I enjoy on opening the account?
Buying or sending airtime
Balance enquiry
Mini statement request
Money transfer
Bills payment like KPLC, water, HELB, DStv etc
Cash withdrawal and much more
             
7. Are there extra charges for opening the account?
There are no extra charges for opening an Equity Bank account through your phone.
8. What is the minimum opening and maximum operating balance?
The minimum opening balance is Kshs. 100. When the amount exceeds Kshs. 100,000, you will be required to visit the branch to advance the features of your account.  
9. If I have an account with Equity Bank, can I open another one using my phone?
No. You do not qualify to open this account if you have an existing account with Equity Bank. You can however enjoy mobile phone banking services by signing up for Eazzy 247 at your nearest Equity Agent or branch.
10. What do I do if I forget my PIN? 
Talk to us on us on 0711025000 to have your PIN unblocked or visit your nearest Equity Bank branch or Agent and fill in a PIN reset form. You will then receive a text message with your new PIN. 
11. What happens if I lose my phone, can someone access my funds?
No. your funds will remain secure as long as you have not disclosed your PIN to anyone.
12. Can i open an account from any local mobile phone network?
Yes, you can open an account from any mobile network locally.
13. If I need to make an enquiry about my account, whom do I consult?
     You can contact us on 0711025000 or on Facebook www.facebook.com/KeEquityBank or Twitter- @KeEquityBank

Source: http://ke.equitybankgroup.com/index.php/self-service/instant-account-opening-equity-hapo-hapo

No comments: