2 June 2015

Bruce Jenner on the cover of Vanity Fair: Now wants to be called me Caitlyn






















Of all the questions swirling around Caitlyn Jenner’s announcement that she is transgender, the biggest was perhaps the simplest: What would the former Olympian and reality TV dad, who the country for decades knew as Bruce, look like once she transitioned?
The answer, as revealed on the July cover of Vanity Fair: A little bit like Jessica Lange, or perhaps Janice Dickinson.
When Jenner, who has now requested that she be called Caitlyn, sat for a televised interview with Diane Sawyer and came out as transgender, she asked that Sawyer call her Bruce and use male pronouns.
Jenner introduced her new name and look in an interview with “Friday Night Lights” author Buzz Bissinger. Vanity Fair introduced Caitlyn Jenner to the world in a white satin merry widow with minimalist makeup, photographed by Annie Leibovitz.
[Highlights from Caitlyn Jenner’s interview with Vanity Fair: ‘I’m not doing this so I can hit it off the women’s tee’]
“If I was lying on my deathbed and I had kept this secret and never ever did anything about it, I would be lying there saying, ‘You just blew your entire life,'” she told Bissinger.
Jenner, 65, debuted a new Twitter handle with the cover and quickly amassed more than 150,000 followers less than an hour after publishing her first tweet.